Chris and Catherine McKillop embarked on the journey of starting up their new business McKillop Electrical Ltd in January 1984. From humble beginnings using their house and garage as their base and one vehicle, the business grew.
As both Chris and Catherine had lived in Putaruru since their childhoods, they were well known and before long work was flowing in. So much in fact that in 1985, they employed their first apprentice. That first employee was Mark Camp. In 1996 after completing his overseas travels, Mark and Cherie Camp brought 50% of the business.
That was to be the beginning of a big growth period for the Company and in 2003, they joined the Laser Franchise Group.
You'll find all our tradesmen are licensed electricians which means you have highly competent and knowledgeable tradesmen doing the work properly and efficiently the first time round.
Locally Owned and Operated
Yes, you'll be supporting a local business but you'll also benefit from us being part of a national group which allows us access to excellent buying power which we can pass onto you.
Security Checked Employees
To give you complete peace of mind, all our tradesmen are security checked, have up-to-date electrical certificates and consistently meet our industry's professional development and training requirements.
Fully Guaranteed Work
All our work is backed by the Master Electrician's guarantee as well as the full manufacturer's warranty on parts. Our professionalism has helped our business grow and prosper and also tells you we're here for the long haul.
We will quote youe job so you have the security to know what the costs are for your budgeting. We can plan your job along with other trades so no issues arise on your project.
When you hire a Laser Electrician, you'll receive our 'Totally Dependable' service, guaranteed.
- Timely delivery
- Promise of care and skill
- Appropriate work for customers' needs
- Well-presented, professional employees
- Ensure responsibility of material supplied
- Honour manufacturer's guarantees
- Meet and frequently exceed our customers' expectations
Has a membership of 1450 electrical contracting business.
Improving NZ's work place health and safety record.
Specifying a Master Electrician Contractor is your safeguard against sub-standard workmanship. Master electricians are the only electricians backed by a $10,000 workmanship guarantee.
- 2015 - Employee of the Year - Darryl Karl
- 2011 - Silver Award for Outstanding Growth Award
- 2008 - Gold Award for Innovative Business Award
- 2006 - Silver Award for Outstanding Growth
- 2005 - Bronze Award for Excellence in Systems
Putaruru Business Awards
- 2019 - 1st Place in Trades Category
- 2018 - 1st Place in Trades Category
- 2016 - Putaruru Christmas Float Parade - 1st Place Commercial Section
- 2010 - Best Tradesmen Award
- 2000 - Best Industrial Trade Service
- 1997 - Best Industrial Trade Service